TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
We have been coming across reports that Qualcomm is prepping to launch an incremental upgrade to the Snapdragon 835 SoC just like the last year. The upcoming Snapdragon 836 SoC is believed to be used by a few flagships slated to be launched in the coming months.
Initially, there were claims that the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be the first one to feature this chipset. Later, the reports strongly tipped that the Qualcomm processor will debut on the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Going by the recent reports from XDA-Developers and Android Police, it looks like the Pixel 2 smartphones will still use the existing Snapdragon 835 SoC only.
The recent report claims that Qualcomm has no plans to release the Snapdragon 836 and that the same does not exist. It is clearly stated that Qualcomm is not in plans of releasing another SoC either in the Q4 2017 or Q1 2018. However, there is no confirmation that the recently leaked Snapdragon 845 Swill be the next flagship mobile platform from Qualcomm. Notably, we have already come across reports regarding the Snapdragon 845 will be powering the Samsung Galaxy S9 that is likely to be launched in January 2018.
This is pretty surprising that the chip maker that is known to launch updated versions of its flagship mobile platforms is not going to it this time.
Last year, the Snapdragon 821 came with minor improvements added to it in comparison to the Snapdragon 820. In an earlier report, the infamous tipster Evan Blass pointed out that the upcoming Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL smartphones will be the first ones to arrive with the Snapdragon 836 SoC, which will be a relatively more powerful model than the existing one. There is a possibility for the upcoming Pixel smartphones to feature an overclocked version of the SoC to make a difference.