TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
Xiaomi India has confirmed the launch of the Xiaomi Mi A2 in India on the 8th of August. Along with the Mi A2, the company is most likely to launch the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 as well. And now, Xiaomi has announced a new contest, where a user can win a shiny new Xiaomi Mi A2 smartphone for free of cost.
According to the announcement found on the Mi community, the company is looking for the photographers and testers for the upcoming Xiaomi Mi A2 smartphone as the Xiaomi Mi A2 Squad. This is similar to the Mi Explorer's programme.
How to participate?
If a user is selected for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Squad programme, the user will receive a new Xiaomi Mi A2 smartphone before the actual launch and the user can keep that smartphone for the lifetime. Click here to participate.
The company will select 15 members and users have to submit a photo with a brief description to be a part of the gang. After they receive the smartphone (15 users) the company will announce new challenges every day related to smartphone photography. The final selected list will be announced between 27th to 29th of July on Mi India forum.
This challenge is open only for Indian citizens and users can apply for the same using a below-mentioned link. 26th is the last day to participate in the Xiaomi Mi A2 Squad programme.
- The image should be in .jpg format
- 4:3 is the recommended aspect ratio
- One should only upload a full sized image
- EXIF information of the image should be intact
- Edited photos are allowed
The Xiaomi Mi A2 has a no-notch design with a 5.9-inch IPS LCD display with a 2.5D curved tempered glass protection. Under the hood, the smartphone is running on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core chipset with 4/6 GB RAM and 64/128 GB storage with no micro SD card slot.
The smartphone has a dual camera set up at the back, which looks similar to the Apple iPhone X. There is a 12 MP RGB sensor and a 20 MP depth sensor. On the front, the smartphone has a massive 20 MP front-facing camera with support for Face Unlock.
The smartphone packs in a 3000 mAh sealed battery with a USB type C port for charging and data syncing. This is the second Xiaomi smartphone to launch in India, which does not have a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Instead, the retail package comes with a dongle (USB type C to 3.5 mm connector).The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo without any customisations and will receive Android P update in the future.