TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Honor 10, successor to last year's View 10, is expected to launch on April 19. From what we have been hearing so far, the smartphone will flaunt dual rear cameras with a 12MP sensor and another 20MP sensor. The rear camera will also be equipped with AI capabilities. Ahead of the launch, we have come across another leaked documnet that confirms the speculations.
Fresh information suggests the main USP of Honor 10 will be something called "semantic image segmentation mode". Basically, the technology will be capable of multi-scene detection within a single photo. In other words, this new algorithm will enable the smartphone's camera to recognize more than one feature within a photo, and then apply suitable effects and tweaks to it.
Well, this sounds impressive on paper, but what about in real life? The source has obtained a couple of images allegedly taken by the Honor 10, with the mode turned off and on. As you can see, there is a significant difference between the two images. There are some other thumbnails as well, which showcase how does the detection work.
The technology kind of reminds us of Google's DeepLab-v3+ algorithms for image segmentation. However, the technology will be available in offline mode as well.
The Honor 10 is said to be powered by the Kirin 970 processor, which already supports advanced AI features to detect different objects in a photo. The new technology will only add on to the functionalities of the smartphone.
As far as other specifications are concerned, the Honor 10 is likely to arrive with a 5.8-inch FullView display with thin bezels. The chipset will be coupled with 6GB RAM and a whopping internal storage capacity of 256GB.
The smartphone will get unveiled in China on April 19, followed by a global launch on May 15. Like Huawei's newly launched flagship duo P20 and P20 Pro, the Honor 10 will be getting a Twilight color variant. Last week, we came across promotional posters of the smartphone showing its highlights.
Honor has also sent out press invites for the smartphone's launch event that will take place in Shanghai, China. Check out this space for more details about the Honor 10.