- 2 hrs ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 4 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 9 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 10 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Huawei to bring its foldable smartphone under the Mate moniker: report
Huawei to bring its foldable phone under its flagship branding.
Huawei is said to be considering four different names for its upcoming foldable phone. According to a report by Android Headlines, the company is planning to name the device as Mate F, Mate Flex, Mate Flexi, or the Mate Fold.
The company has also moved to trademark all the names in several jurisdictions but it's not clear which one of them would be the first choice of the company. This will only be cleared only when the company takes the wraps off the device, or just weeks prior to the launch.
The fact that Huawei's first bendable smartphone will come under the Mate series is a good sign. The smartphone, despite is unique display will pack in some top-of-the-line features, including the newest Kirin 980 chipset from Huawei's subsidiary HiSilicon.
Besides, Samsung is also planning to launch its foldable smartphone soon. Regardless of which manufacturer wins the race to launch the first bendable phone, the new design isn't expected to gain popularity for at least several more years.
Besides, Huawei CEO, Richard Yu told CNBC that the company is also working on a smart voice assistant and is set to launch in the global market soon. It will go head to head with already dominating Google Assistant, Apple Siri, and Amazon Alexa which are already available across the globe.
"In the beginning, we are mainly using Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa" for its smartphones and other smart products, Yu said. "We need more time to build our AI services...later, we will expand this outside of China."
Huawei already has a voice assistant called Xiaoyi, however, it is only available for the Chinese market, and only speaks and understands the native language. There's no word whether the new assistant will be a version of Xiaoyi or a new product altogether.
Yu also stated that Huawei will continue to work with Google and Amazon for voice assistant integration in its products. There's no timeline provided for the release of Huawei's new assistant, but it seems that we might soon see the launch of the new voice assistant.