TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
"HMD will bring a new generation of mobile phones to consumers with the first smartphone products set to be launched in the first half of 2017, alongside the existing Nokia branded feature phone business," the company said in a statement.
For those who are not in the know, HMD Global, earlier this year, had signed a strategic licensing agreement with Nokia which gives the company, exclusive rights to launch smartphones and tablets under Nokia-branding for the next 10 years.
"HMD is developing an exciting new consumer-centric product range which will focus on innovation, quality, and experience, alongside the iconic Nokia mobile phone attributes of design, robustness, and reliability," it added.
Arto Nummela, CEO of HMD Global said, "Today marks a happy and important day for HMD. Nokia has been one of the most iconic and recognisable phone brands globally for decades. The excitement of re-introducing this much-loved, well-known and trusted brand to smartphone consumers is a responsibility and an ambition that everyone at HMD shares."
Nokia's upcoming Android-powered smartphones have been in the news for a while now. The Finnish company is expected to showcase its first Nokia-labelled smartphone at the MWC next year since it has signed up as one of the exhibitors at the event.