TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
With an aim to take on Reliance Jio, India's largest telecom service provider Bharti Airtel is likely to launch a smartphone as low as Rs 2,500-2,700, PTI reported.
According to the report, "Airtel is talking to various handset manufacturers to bring 4G VoLte smartphone."
Airtel is placing its bet on a full-fledged smartphone as it believes people would be ready to shell out a little more to get a loaded handset, PTI quoted a source here, and that this new 4G smartphone can make its entry into the Indian market somewhere around Diwali.
There are so many reports which say that the smartphone will have a four-inch display, dual camera, VoLTE calling and a longer battery life and 1 GB RAM.
Meanwhile, the company is also likely to launch its VoLte services this week and some customers in Mumbai and Kolkata, and then other metro cities where Airtel is planning to launch will get messages to activate VoLTE calls on their phones.
The company may first launch its services in Mumbai, followed by Kolkata, and then expand it to other metro cities.
To recall, due to heavy rush, JioPhone pre booking was suspended however 6 million phones have already been booked.
JioPhone has announced by Mukesh Ambani at the company's Annual General Meeting. The new phone will target 50 crores feature- phone users in the country and it will offer free voice calls and SMS to customers.
The handsets are being imported from Taiwan and it has a 2-megapixel rear camera and a front VGA camera. It will have a 512 MB RAM and 4 GB internal storage with the option of expanding it to 128 GB using an SD card. The handset will come with a 2,000 mAh battery and will have a 2.4-inch screen.