TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 'Sab Ghungroo Bandhke Taiyar Ho Gaye': Modi's Barb At Opposition Over PM Candidate
- IPL 2019: RCB vs KXIP — Preview
- Five Avengers Endgame Theories That Will Make You Go Bonkers
- Triumph Speed Twin Launched In India At Rs 9.46 lakh
- Arjun Announces GF Gabriella Demetriades's Pregnancy!
- SEBI Blocks Hotel Leelaventure From Selling Hotels And Properties To Brookfield
- Kajol Amazes In This Sari
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
LG wants to launch devices that roll not fold
LG has a new form factor for its phones in store.
Published by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), the majority of the new trademarks suggests devices that will roll instead of folding. They all point out to smartphones and other accessories.
The trademarks use terms such as 'The Roll', 'Bi-Roll', 'Double Roll', 'Dual Roll', 'Roll Canvas', and 'E Roll'. Considering the heavy use of the word "Roll," other filings such as 'Signature R', 'R Screen', 'R Canvas', and 'Rotolo' also appear to point in the same direction.
Well, these are just trademark filings and do not indicate an imminent launch. This means that the products might be under research and development process.
Another patent that surfaced recently showed an LG smartphone that would expand from a user-perspective but will actually center around a rolling mechanism. However, a similar design implemented into a folding device would make more sense for the users.
Besides, the company filed a patent for a smartphone with a large borderless flexible display that will have very narrow bezels. The company filed this application with KIPO (Korean Intellectual Property Office) and was granted on October 23, 2018.
The filing suggests a bezel-less device that packs a massive screen covering all four sides of the device and will have a flexible display. The screen can be used as a tablet when unfolded.