TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
MediaTek introduced the Helio P30 octa-core SoC in the last month. The chipset is already being used by manufacturers such as Vivo, Meizu, Oppo and a few others.
Within a few weeks, it looks like the company is in plans to announce a new processor called Helio P40. The upcoming Helio P40 SoC is speculated to feature a hexacore design and built using the 12nm process by TSMC. According to a report by AnTuTu (via: The Android Soul), Meizu is in plans to power the upcoming devices with the new SoC and a few of them are believed to be unveiled in Q1 2018.
While we do not have the details about these new smartphones at this point in time, it looks like the Helio P40 device will give a stiff competition to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 SoC. If you aren't aware, the Snapdragon 670 SoC is new to the market and devices using this processor are expected to be released in Q1 2018.
Recently, Meizu and Qualcomm reached a settlement for using their processors. Meizu's VP Li Nan stated that the company's partnership with companies such as Qualcomm, MediaTek and Samsung will remain intact. He was quoted stating that the company will use all the three types of chipsets in the Blue Charm lineup of smartphones.
Talking about the Meizu smartphone that is in the making, the device is believed to use the MediaTek P40 SoC. As of now, we do not have any further details regarding the smartphone or the chipset. One thing we can infer is that the mid-range smartphone from Meizu will be a solid device to come out of the company's stable. We can expect more details regarding the MediaTek P40 SoC to come to light in the coming weeks.