- 1 hr ago Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- 2 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M series Android Pie update rollout to start from June 3
- 3 hrs ago Woman tries returning Amazon-purchased product directly to Jeff Bezos
- 4 hrs ago Redmi 7A with splash resistance announced: Price, specifications and features
- News The problem with BJP MP Satish Gautam and Jinnah’s portrait at AMU
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Flawless At amfAR Gala 2019?
- Automobiles Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- Sports Cricket World Cup 2019: England captain Eoin Morgan suffers injury scare, to undergo a precautionary X-ray
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
New Nokia 5 Android Oreo beta update fixes multitasking bug
Nokia 5 received the Android Oreo beta soon after the Nokia 8. This update to the Nokia 5 brought some noticeable changes that the Android Oreo firmware rolls out to all the devices. Notably, the smartphone got a redesigned camera app that the Nokia 6 is yet to get.
Now, the Nokia 5 smartphone has received a new Android Oreo beta update with the build version V5.160. This update measures around 1.6 GB in size and is being rolled out as an OTA update. If you own a Nokia 5, you can head on to the Settings menu and search for the system updates to receive the same.
Taking the clue from a report by NokiaPowerUser, the recent Android Oreo beta build to the Nokia 5 brings the fix to the multitasking bug that persisted even after the rollout of the first Oreo beta update to the smartphone. Other than the multitasking bug fix, there appears to be no major change brought in by the new Oreo beta update as yet.
We already know that the Android Oreo update will bring several improvements and features to the smartphone as it is the latest iteration of the platform. The update will enhance the overall user experience with new features such as picture-in-picture, integrated Instant Apps, faster boot times, Google Play Protect, autofill, notification dots, and a lot more.
HMD Global is pretty consistent in rolling out the latest Android updates and security patches to its smartphones. The company has assured that it will roll out the stable version of the Android Oreo update to the existing Nokia smartphones by the end of this year. Also, these smartphones will get two years of OS update support confirming that they will be updated with the upcoming Android P as well.
Soon after the rollout of the first Android Oreo beta build to the Nokia 5, there were reports that the Nokia 6 will get the same update. Though the Oreo beta update was rolled out to the Nokia 6, the variants of the smartphone in China are yet to receive this beta build.