- 1 hr ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 4 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 9 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 9 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
New selfie-centric Xiaomi phone with MIUI 9 launching on November 2
The smartphone will be released on November 2 at an event in Delhi.
Xiaomi sold over 4 million smartphones during the recently held Diwali sale in India. While it is a huge achievement, the company seems to have bigger plans in mind.
Redmi India's Twitter page has revealed Xiaomi is working on a selfie-centric smartphone series. The first smartphone of the series will be released on November 2 in New Delhi. The post carries the hashtag #YourBestSelfie, but it neither discloses the name of the series nor the smartphone. While it could be the Mi Note 3, we still have to wait for official confirmation.
Soon after the first tweet, Manu Kumar Jain, VP at Xiaomi and Managing Director at Xiaomi India, posted another tweet regarding the smartphone. The image included in the post shows him sitting beside a table that is covered with various objects. The caption reads, "Multiple surprises planned for the BEST selfie smartphone. Hints on the table. Any guess?"
Taking cues from the image, we have drawn some conclusions. To start with, it seems like the smartphone will come pre-installed with MIUI 9 stable ROM. The post also suggests Xiaomi could hold the Mi POP event during the launch. For those who are not aware, it is Xiaomi's official mega event to bring Mi fans together for a day's non-stop joy and games.
While Xiaomi hasn't hosted the Mi POP event in India yet, this could change soon. Lastly, Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif could launch the smartphone.
Currently, Oppo and Vivo are the only brands who sell selfie-centric smartphones in India. With the launch of the new smartphone, Xiaomi is expected to give them a tough competition.