TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
Xiaomi sold over 4 million smartphones during the recently held Diwali sale in India. While it is a huge achievement, the company seems to have bigger plans in mind.
Redmi India's Twitter page has revealed Xiaomi is working on a selfie-centric smartphone series. The first smartphone of the series will be released on November 2 in New Delhi. The post carries the hashtag #YourBestSelfie, but it neither discloses the name of the series nor the smartphone. While it could be the Mi Note 3, we still have to wait for official confirmation.
Soon after the first tweet, Manu Kumar Jain, VP at Xiaomi and Managing Director at Xiaomi India, posted another tweet regarding the smartphone. The image included in the post shows him sitting beside a table that is covered with various objects. The caption reads, "Multiple surprises planned for the BEST selfie smartphone. Hints on the table. Any guess?"
Taking cues from the image, we have drawn some conclusions. To start with, it seems like the smartphone will come pre-installed with MIUI 9 stable ROM. The post also suggests Xiaomi could hold the Mi POP event during the launch. For those who are not aware, it is Xiaomi's official mega event to bring Mi fans together for a day's non-stop joy and games.
While Xiaomi hasn't hosted the Mi POP event in India yet, this could change soon. Lastly, Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif could launch the smartphone.
Currently, Oppo and Vivo are the only brands who sell selfie-centric smartphones in India. With the launch of the new smartphone, Xiaomi is expected to give them a tough competition.