TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
India has always been a profitable market for Xiaomi. Xiaomi phones sell like hot cake among price-conscious Indian consumers.
As such, more than 4 million Xiaomi phones have been sold in India during the Diwali month. Manu Kumar Jain, VP at Xiaomi and Managing Director at Xiaomi has shared this information via Twitter and Facebook. The milestone has been achieved due to the "Diwali with Mi" sale which ran from September 20 to October 19. During the sale, various Xiaomi phones were offered on discounts.
The figure is a collection of all the sales across many platforms like Flipkart where the Flipkart Big Billion Day was held as a part of the Diwali promotions. The Redmi Note 4 was the highest selling smartphone during the e-commerce website's Big Billion Day Sale.
Amazon also held the Amazon Great Indian Festival sales. Notably, Xiaomi is claimed to have emerged as the No. 1 smartphone brand on both Flipkart and Amazon.
Manu Kumar Jain further explained the figures also included those from mi.com and the offline retail stores in India. Over 1 million units were purchased from Xiaomi's own website alone.
Although the sales figures are astonishing, it is just an indication how popular Xiaomi phones are in the country. Well, we can imagine why. As compared to other companies, Xiaomi offers phones that are feature-rich yet carries a cheap price tag. The Chinese company proved that you don't need to shell out a lot of money to enjoy flagship-level features.
The Mi Mix 2 is the company's latest offering in India which was launched earlier this month.