- 21 min ago Google Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G Massive Leak; Launch Set For September 30
- 1 hr ago Vivo Watch Announced With Blood Oxygen Sensor, Up To 18-Day Battery Life And More
- 7 hrs ago Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- 14 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Launched; Affordable Samsung Flagship To Tackle The Competition?
- Sports No need to criticise Pat Cummins, says Kolkata Knight Riders captain Dinesh Karthik
- Movies Nagma Takes A Dig At Kangana Ranaut; Asks Why NCB Hasn't Summoned Her For Taking Drugs In The Past
- News India’s COVID-19 cases breach 57 lakh mark, recovery rate at 81.55 per cent
- Finance Banking Stocks Look Weak But Brokerages Are Bullish On This Private Bank
- Automobiles Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
Nokia 3 finally receives Android 8.1 Oreo update with December 2018 security patch
Nokia 3 was launched in 2017
Nokia is one of the few Android smartphone brands that offers timely software updates for high-end, mid-tier, and entry-level smartphones. The company has now released the Android 8.1 Oreo update for the Nokia 3, which was originally launched in 2017 with Android 7 Nougat OS.
The Nokia 3 was updated to Android 8.0 Oreo in April of 2018, and now the device is being updated to Android 8.1 Oreo. As of now, there is no information on the Android 9 Pie update for the Nokia 3. The Android 8.1 Oreo update for the Nokia 3 was delayed due to the compatibility issues with the MediaTek chipset. The Android 8.1 Oreo update for the Nokia 3 also includes the Google Security patch for December 2018 with other bug fixes.
Nokia 3 specifications
Nokia 3 comes with a 5.0-inch IPS LCD screen with HD resolution (1280 x 710p) with 2.5D curved tempered glass protection. Under the hood, the MediaTek 6737 Octa-core chipset powers the smartphone with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot for additional storage expansion.
Nokia 3 has a dual SIM card slot with support for 4G LTE and VoLTE on both the slots. Similarly, the smartphone also supports Bluetooth 4.2 and single channel Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz).
The mobile phone has an 8 MP primary camera and an 8 MP selfie camera with 1080p video recording capability. The smartphone has a 2650 mAh non-user replaceable battery with 10W charging support via micro USB port and a dedicated 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Nokia 3 is one of the first Android smartphones from HMD Global to launch in India with stock Android OS. Considering Nokia's 24-month support policy, the Nokia 3 should receive Android 9 Pie update, and the company is yet to comment on the availability of the Android 9 Pie for the Nokia 3.
How to update Nokia 3 to Android 8.1 Oreo?
If you own a Nokia 3 smartphone, go to Settings > About smartphone > Software update > Check for software update > Download and install the software update
Make sure that Nokia 3 is connected to a high-speed Wi-Fi network with at least 75 percent charge.