TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
OnePlus has been pretty consistent with sending regular software updates to its phone and it has almost become a weekly affair now. Not only the latest flagships OnePlus 5 and 5T, the older devices are paid attention to as well. We say so as OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T owners have started receiving a new OxygenOS update. Carrying the build number 5.0.1, the update adds a couple of new features.
In addition, the OxygenOS 5.0.1 brings in general bug fixes and stability improvements. Also included in the update is the Android Security patch up to December. The full update is pretty large, weighing at 1.47GB. However, you only need to download a tenth of that if your device runs on OxygenOS 5.0.0. OnePlus 3 and 3T users should get a notification once the update arrives on their phone.
They can also check for the update manually by heading to their phone's Settings>About Phone>System Updates. Talking about the changes, the latest update adds support for the aptX HD standard, which can transmit superior quality audio at up to 48 kHz sampling rates and resolutions up to 24 bits. Besides this, a Wi-Fi hotspot device manager and an adaptive mode for screen calibration ("Soft" screen calibration) have been added as well.
The OxygenOS 5.0.1 has brought in another feature that is exclusive to the OnePlus 3T. The smartphone has got support for Airtel VoLTE in India.
Meanwhile, OnePlus's co-founder Carl Pei has confirmed that OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T will soon receive a beta version of the Face Unlock feature. If you are enrolled in the beta program, you will be able to to test it. First introduced in the OnePlus 5T, this feature's beta version is present on the OnePlus 5 as well.
"The OnePlus 3 and 3T would soon get a beta version of the company's Face Unlock feature, which was introduced in the 5T," said Pei in an interview with CNET. "There's no reason to withhold features we can easily implement," he added further.
However, the OnePlus co-founder refused to give an exact timeline for the rollout of the Face Unlock feature to its 2016 models. Hopefully, the wait will be over soon.