TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Currently, OnePlus 5T is one of the best smartphones available around. Apart from the full-screen design and some changes in the camera department, there is not much difference between the smartphone and its predecessor OnePlus 5.
That being said, OnePlus 5T comes with one particular feature that was not present in the OnePlus 5.In case you are wondering, we are talking about the 'Face Unlock' feature, which is quite fast, if not the fastest. Well, the good news is, the 'Face Unlock' feature will make its way to OnePlus 5 with Android 8.0 Oreo update. OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei announced via Twitter that the feature will be available on OnePlus 5 due to popular demand.
Within few hours of the announcement, OnePlus started rolling out the Android 8.0 Oreo along with OxygenOS 5.0 update to OnePlus 5 owners. The update not only brings all the features of Android Oreo, but also the cool features of OxygenOS 5.0 such as parallel apps. In addition, the new update also includes the Android security patch for December.
As is often the case with software updates, it will take a while before all the OnePlus 5 devices get the taste of Oreo. However, some users claim that using a VPN and selecting Canada will allow you receive the update immediately.
The changelog for the update is as follows:
Optimizations for Shelf
Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
Camera & Gallery
New Camera UI design
Optimizations for photo quality
Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
Added "Places" tab for viewing photos on a map
Added history feature in Calculator
Added alarm calendar function in clock
Added Parallel Apps feature
New design for Quick Settings
New design for Lift up display
Added "Adaptive model" screen calibration
Updated Android security patch to December
You may have noticed that the changelog doesn't mention anything about the Face Unlock feature. This means, it will be added later in a future update.