- 1 hr ago Amazon Onam Offers 2019 – Laptops, Headphones, Speakers And More On Discount
- 5 hrs ago Jio GigaFiber Effect: BSNL Now Offers One-Year Amazon Prime Membership For Rs. 399
- 8 hrs ago Nokia 7.2 Live Images Leak – Triple Rear Cameras And Dewdrop Notch Expected
- 11 hrs ago Motorola One Action Launched In India-Price, Specs, And Launch Offers
- Movies Porinju Mariam Jose Box Office Collections Day 1: Makes A Solid And Promising Opening!
- Sports West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights: Ishant takes five to put India in command
- News DRDO Apprentice vacancies: 80 openings announced, Apply online after Aug 26
- Automobiles Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Finance China Announces New Tariffs On American Cars, Auto Parts
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Oppo's Two New Manufacturing Units To Go Operational By The End Of This Year
After announcing the completion of the first phase of its manufacturing facility in Greater Noida, Chinese smartphone maker Oppo is now planning to start two more facilities by the end of this year.
Elaborating their plans on the upcoming manufacturing facilities, the company's GM Factory, Sanjay Goel informed that, Oppo has completed the first phase and now by the end of this year two more manufacturing unit will be added to the facility in Greater Noida. This will help the company contribute to the 'Make in India' initiative and increase the production helping them reach more consumers.
"We have three facilities in Greater Noida, however, one is fully operational. The rest two will be operational by the end of this year," Goel told Gizbot in an exclusive interaction.
According to the firm, the Greater Noida plant has over 10,000 workforces engaged across manufacturing line, quality assurance, and product testing. However, the capacity is expected to cross 15,000 workers by 2020.
"Currently we are manufacturing devices for India, but by 2020, we are planning to export our products to South Asia, Middle East and Africa markets from our Greater Noida plant," Goel replied on being asked about the plans related to exporting products.
Meanwhile, Oppo expects to double its manufacturing by 2020 from the current four million smartphones a month. The company also plans to increase investment in its R&D center in Hyderabad.
The firm has also launched an interactive AI- Powered ChatBot solution OLLIE for its customers. It will offer users a personalized solution when asking queries regarding Oppo's service centers, smartphones, and other services.
Furthermore, OLLIE conducts a conversation via the textual method and provides a solution in real-time.
Where does Oppo stand In India?
According to data from the market research firm Counterpoint Research, Oppo has lost its fourth spot to Realme. The company fell by one position to the fifth place. It saw its market share fell to 8 percent in Q2-2019 from 9 percent in Q2-2018.