- 8 hrs ago BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- 8 hrs ago Exoplanet Close To Size Of Earth Could Sustain Life In Future
- 8 hrs ago ACT Fibernet To Increase Prices In Eight Circles From June 1
- 9 hrs ago Infinix Hot 9, Hot 9 Pro With 5000mAh Battery, Quad Rear Cameras Launched In India
- Movies Shreyas Talpade Says Actors Don’t Have The Option Of Working From Home, Starts Online Theatre
- Sports I knew I wanted to become like Viswanathan Anand: Young Grandmaster and Chess prodigy Praggnanandha
- News Arogya Setu completely secure: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Automobiles Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Palm Phone with 3.5-inch display, IP68 certification officially launched for Rs 27,000
Palm Phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo OS
Palm was one of the first mobile brands to launch smartphones with webOS, which did not succeed against the likes of Android and iOS. And now, TCL has acquired the rights to use the branding, and the company has launched the first modern Palm smartphone, the Palm Phone running on Android OS.
Price and availability
The Palm Phone will be available Titanium and Gold colors. The smartphone retails for $349 (Rs 25,750) without any contract in the USA. As of now, there is no information on the launch/availability of the Palm Phone in India. The device can also be availed under a 24 months contract for $299 (Rs 20,000), and a monthly bill of $14.58.
Palm Phone unique features
- Compact form factor (3.5-inch)
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- Lightweight (62.5 grams)
Palm Phone specifications
The Palm Phone comes with a 3.5-inch IPS LCD screen with 1280 x 720px resolution (445 ppi). Though the smartphone has a 720p resolution display, the screen does offer higher pixel density due to the smaller screen size. The display is also protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 SoC powers the smartphone with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage with a dedicated micro SD card for additional storage expansion (up to 128 GB). The smartphone does not have a SIM card slot, instead, it comes with a fixed e-SIM.
The Palm Phone has a 12 MP primary camera and an 8 MP selfie camera with support for 1080p video recording. The mobile runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with a custom launcher on top, backed by an 800 mAh Li-ion battery without any sort of fast charging. The smartphone does not have a fingerprint sensor, but it does support Face Recognition using the front-facing camera.
The phone comes with a feature called, Life Mode, which will help to preserve the battery, as soon as the screen is turned off (no cellular reception as well). The Palm Phone also comes with Google Play Store and Google Assistant.