TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus were launched along with the iPhone X yesterday at an event in California. Within a day, the news about the discontinuation of the Red iPhone 7 and 7 Plus has hit the web.
Back in March, Apple unveiled the Red color variant of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. This variant was launched around six months after the launch of these phones in September last year. The Red iPhones were launched to celebrate ten years of the partnership between Apple and RED with proceeds offered to the Global Fund in order to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS in the African continent. Apple has been donating a portion of the sales of the Red lineup of products to the Global Fund in Africa.
Now, Apple has announced that it is discontinuing the Red iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The red version will no longer be listed for sale. However, the Red variants of the Apple products will still be available via the retailers such as Amazon and BestBuy. The online retailers will continue selling these devices until the stocks get empty. But they will not be getting new stock from the company, so those who want to buy the Red variant of the iPhone 7 will have to hurry up to get their hands laid on the device.
Notably, Apple will still continue to sell the yesteryear models of iPhone in Gold, Silver, Jet Black, Rose Gold and Matte Black color variants. Along with the Red variant of the iPhone 7 duo of smartphones, the 256GB variant has also been discontinued. From now on, only the 32GB and 128GB variants of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will be available for purchase.