TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
Samsung, the pioneer in the smartphone technology, has announced yet another industry first product. For the first time, Samsung has designed a UFS (Universal Flash Storage) storage module with a whopping 1 TB capacity.
The Samsung eUFS 1 TB is just a hint that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S10+ will feature 1 TB of built-in storage, which makes it the first smartphone in the world with 1000 GB of storage space.
Samsung eUFS 1 TB features and specifications
The Samsung eUFS 1 TB uses UFS 2.1 standards, offering improved read and write speeds compared to other smartphones with eMMC 5.1 or UFS 1.0 storage module.
The Samsung eUFS 1 TB uses 16 stacked layers of Samsung's most advanced 512-gigabit (Gb) V-NAND flash memory. Ex: a smartphone with the Samsung eUFS 2.1 can store up to 260 4K videos with 10 minute play time.
Coming to the sequential read speeds, the Samsung eUFS 1 TB offers 1,000 MB/s. So, the storage module can copy a 5 GB file in five seconds. Compared to a typical microSD card, the Samsung eUFS 1 TB offers up to 10x faster read and write speeds. The storage module is also capable of recording super slow-motion videos @960fps.
1TB eUFS 2.1
|1000 MB/s||260 MB/s||58,000 IOPS||50,000 IOPS|
512GB eUFS 2.1
|860 MB/s||255 MB/s||42,000 IOPS||40,000 IOPS|
Cheol Choi, executive vice president of Memory Sales & Marketing at Samsung Electronics said
The 1TB eUFS is expected to play a critical role in bringing a more notebook-like user experience to the next generation of mobile devices. What's more, Samsung is committed to assuring the most reliable supply chain and adequate production quantities to support the timely launches of upcoming flagship smartphones in accelerating growth of the global mobile market.