- 8 hrs ago Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- 9 hrs ago Most Interesting Smartphones/Tablets Launching In October 2022
- 1 day ago Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- 1 day ago Sony Diwali Sale Offering Bumper Discounts on Bravia TVs, Soundbars, Headphones, More
- Sports RSWS 2022: Brett Lee's son Preston Charles gets batting tips and life lessons from Sachin Tendulkar-Brian Lara
- News India vs South Africa T20 cricket streaming details: Where to watch 2nd match in your country live online?
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Finance Forgot Your UAN Password? Know How To Reset/Change UAN Password
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Fans Upset As Sajid Khan Joins Show As Contestant, Slam Shehnaz Gill For Her Support
- Automobiles Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Samsung announces Infinity-U, Infinity-V, Infinity-O, and New Infinity display notches
Samsung will launch the foldable smartphone in Q1 of 2019
Samsung finally unveiled the technology behind foldable smartphone, the Infinity Flex Display and One UI, the upcoming Android-based operating system from Samsung. Along with the announcement of the next big technology in the smartphone space, the company also unveiled an interesting design change that will happen with the upcoming Samsung smartphones.
At the ongoing Samsung Developers Conference (SDC 2018), the company has unveiled different types of technology that the Samsung smartphones will carry in the upcoming year, including the Samsung Infinity Flex Display.
As of now, Samsung has not launched any smartphone with a notch design. And now, the company has officially unveiled that the upcoming smartphones from Samsung will come with a different style of notch compared to other smartphones.
Infinity-U, Infinity-V, Infinity-O, and New Infinity
The company has registered for three different types of notches named Infinity-U, Infinity-V and, Infinity-O. Similarly, the company also has a new design called New Infinity, which will be reserved for the high-end flagship class Samsung smartphones.
Samsung is not the first smartphone brand to launch a device with an Infinity-U notch, in fact, The Essential PH-1 is the first smartphone to launch, and Samsung will implement a similar notch design in the upcoming mid-tier smartphones.
Samsung is the first smartphone brand to announce a device with this type of notch, and the Infinity-V notch does look similar to the Dewdrop notch with more pronounced straight line cutout.
This is again a different implementation of the notch. A device with an Infinity-O Notch will offer more screen real-estate with a circular cut-out on the top portion of the screen to house the front-facing camera and other sensors. The Samsung Galaxy S10 could be the first smartphone to launch with an Infinity-O Notch
New Infinity will be a notch-less solution from Samsung with a higher screen to body ratio compared to other smartphones with a notch or bezels on the top and the bottom portion of the display. The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note10 could be the first smartphone to launch with the New Infinity display.