TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Samsung introduced the Burgundy Red with the yesteryear flagship smartphones - Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. The color variant was one of the main attractions in China. As a result, the company launched the Galaxy S9 and S9+ in Burgundy Red recently. Now, the Galaxy S8 Lite in this gorgeous hue has also been leaked online.
Lately, it was confirmed that this Samsung device is in the making. It is believed to be a mini variant of the Galaxy S smartphones. From the existing information, it looks like it will be exclusive to China.
As per a tweet by MMDJ_, the Lite variant looks similar to the standard Galaxy S8. It appears to be a fingerprint sensor at the rear (next to the main camera). Being a Lite variant, it is expected to have watered down specifications but it might not be much of a downgrade.
The same source came up with a follow-up tweet showing the official promo images of the device revealing that it will be launched in red and black color options. It is also said that the sale will happen on the online retailer JD.com.
Galaxy S8 Lite rumored specifications
From the existing reports, this smartphone is said to flaunt a 5.8-inch FHD+ display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The smartphone could be powered by a Snapdragon 660 SoC paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage space. The device is likely to make use of an 8P selfie camera with a wide-angle lens and get the power from a 3000mAh battery.
Like the other variants, this one will run Android 8.0 Oreo and might get a few major software updates. A leaked TENAA listing suggests that there will be a 16MP sensor without Dual Pixel autofocus.
May 21 launch date
The mini variant of Galaxy S8 might go official in China on May 21 in Burgundy Red and Black colors. There is no word on the pricing and availability details for now. We are yet to know if this device will reach the other markets outside China. We can get these details after the official unveiling of the smartphone.