TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
We already know that Samsung is going to unveil its flagship Galaxy S9 series on February 25, just ahead of MWC 2018. Pre-order for the smartphones are expected to begin on March 1, followed by their sale on March 16. While currently the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are grabbing all our attention, the company seems to be working on another smartphone from the Galaxy S9 series.
A fresh leak suggests a rugged version of Galaxy S9 will arrive later this year; possibly the Samsung Galaxy S9 Active. Folks at XDA Developers have found a list containing the codenames of upcoming Samsung devices. As per the list, the company has made three different Galaxy S9 models; codenamed star, star2, and astarqlte. The codenames star and star2 have been associated with the Galaxy S9 and S9+, which leaves the astarqlte.
So which model is codenamed as astarqlte? Well, the letter 'a' at the beginning might stand for Active, the letter 'q' presumably suggest that this is a Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered device, and, 'lte' could mean LTE. Of course, astarqlte could be associated with a different Galaxy S9 model, but the chances are slim. Samsung has been launching Active versions of its Galaxy S flagships every year since 2013, so we think it will do the same this year too.
As of now, there is no information on the specs and features of the Samsung Galaxy S9 Active. However, we can make some assumptions of what features the smartphone may bring. The Galaxy S9 Active is expected to withstand floor drops and falls, and carry the IP68 certification.
The handset is also unlikely to feature the Infinity Display. Further, the device won't have curved edges as Active variants have some differences in the design to have the rugged nature.
Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy S9 Active might pack a bigger battery than the regular Galaxy S9. Last year's Galaxy S8 Active came with a 4,000mAh battery, while the Galaxy S8's battery capacity is 3,000mAh.
The list also includes many other codenames of the upcoming Samsung devices. The codename 'crown' is believed to associated with the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, which is likely to launch in the H2 2018. You can read the full list here.