TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
In just a few more days, Samsung will announce its upcoming flagship smartphones - Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. The rumors and leaks regarding these smartphones are flooding all over the internet revealing many new details about these devices those are slated to go official on February 25 at the MWC 2018 show floor. In the meantime, it looks like the early speculation about the next-generation models to be launched in 2019 has hit the web.
Samsung released its flagship S series smartphone back in 2010 with the iconic Galaxy S. This year, the company will come up with the 9th generation model and next year will be a special 10th edition. So long, we were expecting the Galaxy S10 to be unveiled by the company in 2019 but it looks like there is going to be a change in the naming convention.
As per a Russian website via GSMArena, it looks Samsung will adopt a new naming scheme for the next-generation models. The Galaxy S10 series is expected to be announced with the moniker Samsung Galaxy X. It makes sense for Samsung to opt for this moniker as it will be an ideal answer to the iPhone X that Apple released last year as the company's tenth-anniversary edition. Also, it will help Samsung avoid long names like Galaxy S11, Galaxy S12, etc. for its future flagship smartphones.
The confusion here is that the Samsung Galaxy X moniker already exists. The company is believed to unveil a foldable display smartphone called the Galaxy X in the next year. Having said that, this moniker for the next-generation flagship makes us believe that the company might be in plans to replace the Galaxy S10 regular flagship with the upcoming foldable display smartphone but this seems to be highly unlikely.
Moreover, there has not been any confirmation from Samsung regarding the foldable display device and its naming till date. Though it was believed that the device was showcased in a private meeting at the CES 2018 tech show, there could be a possibility for the device to have a different name when it is officially unveiled in the next year.