TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Indian OEM Smartron will launch a flagship smartphone with Snapdragon 845 Soc in India in the second quarter of this year. The information comes straight form the horse's mouth as Narsi Reddy, the co-founder and managing director at Smartron has said that the company is already in talks with Qualcomm. With its flagship smartphone, the company plans to take on companies like OnePlus and Xiaomi. As reported by Teletom Talk, Reddy revealed this while speaking with bloggers at Smartron's office in Hyderabad.
Both Xiaomi and OnePlus will also launch their flagship devices in the Q2 2018. It seems like, by launching its flagship around the same time, Smartron wants to prove a point. In recent times, homegrown companies have failed to compete with various Chinese brands such as Xiaomi, Lenovo and even Coolpad. The main reason behind this is Chinese phones have always been a good bargain with impressive features, stylish design, and most importantly affordable pricing.
Hence, if Smartron wants to make an impact in the mind of Indian customers, its upcoming flagship smartphone has be priced aggressively. Narsi Reddy, however, was careful enough to not give away any details of the device. In any case, it will be really nice to see an Indian brand offering a top-notch smartphone powered by Qualcomm's latest flagship processor.
During the interaction session, Narsi Reddy also assured that the Smartron srt.phone would be upgraded to Android Oreo soon as the company has already started testing the latest iteration of Google's mobile operating system. The t.phone P will receive the Oreo update in future as well.
Smartron began its journey as a smartphone brand with the launch of t.phone in 2016. However, the company got the taste of success only after it released the srt.phone last year. The Sachin Tendulkar branded smartphone performed quite well in terms of sales.
The Smartron launched its third smartphone called t.phone P only yesterday. Priced at just Rs. 7,999, it comes with pretty decent specs including a massive 5,000mAh battery. As you can see, the company has always focused in the entry or budget segment. Now, it will be interesting to see what are the strategical changes Smartron will make when it enters the high-end segment.