TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala: PM Modi Inaugurates Kollam Bypass; Assures 100 Percent Rural Connectivity
- India vs Australia 2nd ODI; As It Happened — Kohli, Dhoni Power India To 6-Wicket Win
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 — Exterior And Interiors Revealed In Official Video
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 Teased To Be Priced Around Rs. 8,500
- Interim Budget 2019 May Increase Income Tax Exemption Limit To Rs. 5 Lakh
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-timer In Una
- Kangana Takes A Jibe At Bollywood Again!
- Lisa Ray's Nature-Inspired Dress Makes For An Ideal Evening Party Wear
The Xiaomi Mi 5c has been in the news for quite some time now. Earlier, it was rumoured to be launched on November 30, but there’s no official word from the company yet. However, a new report from AndroidPure claims that the smartphone will be launched on December 6.
Codenamed as Meri, the Xiaomi Mi 5c images have also surfaced online multiple times giving us some insights about what to expect from the smartphone.
Here’s everything we know so far about the device.
Sleek metal design and three colour variants
The leaked images of Xiaomi Mi 5c suggest a sleek metal design with rounded edges. However, unlike the other models in the Mi 5 series, the smartphone appears to have a combination of plastic and metal build. It is rumoured to come in three colour variants — Rose Gold, Gold, and Black colours.
1.4GHz octa-core processor
There are no reliable details available as of now about the internals of the smartphone. But, according to the report published by AndroidPure, it is expected to be powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core chipset paired with 3GB of RAM and an ARM Mali-T860 GPU. Rumour has it that the smartphone will come equipped with the company's Pinecone processor.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow with a layer of MIUI 8 on top
Reportedly, the smartphone will run Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box with a layer of MIUI 8 atop.
Two variants may be launched
According to the rumours, the smartphone is expected to be launched in two variants which differ in terms of display size, quality, and camera sensor. Reportedly, a 5.2-inch (Full HD) variant and a 5.5-inch variant my be unveiled at the launch event on December 6.
May be the cheapest smartphone in Mi 5 series
As cited on Gadgets 360, the smartphone may be priced at CNY 1,000 which roughly translates to Rs. 9,963. Earlier, it was tipped to be priced at CNY 1,499 which translates to Rs. 14,844. If the smartphone launches with any of these price tags, it will be the cheapest smartphone available in the Xiaomi Mi 5 lineup.