TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
As expected, the newly launched iPhone X created a stir in the smartphone industry. From design to specs, the 10th anniversary model of iPhones is truly spectacular in every possible aspect. However, the device's 3D face recognition technology has lately become the talk of the town.
Currently, the iPhone X is the only smartphone with this technology. Well, at least for now. Chinese publication tech.sina.com claims more smartphones would feature the 3D facial recognition technology in the coming year. For instance, Xiaomi's next flagship is tipped to use this feature.
It is also rumored that Qualcomm has already started working on the SLiM 3D camera technology and would start mass production in January next year. The publication further reveals, other than Xiaomi even Samsung is determined to use the technology in its next flagship. So for Xiaomi, the Mi 7 and for Samsung, the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus will come with the said feature.
At the end of last month, Qualcomm officially announced the Structured Light Module (SLiM) 3D solution, which was developed in partnership with Himax. The SLiM technology is a turn-key 3D camera module that offers real-time depth sensing and 3D point cloud generation with high resolution and high accuracy performance for both indoor and outdoor environments.
The module is engineered for very low power consumption in a compact, low profile form factor, which makes this perfect for embedded and mobile device integration.
Except for the 3D face ID, the Xiaomi Mi 7 is expected to feature a bezel-less design, a Snapdragon 845 chipset, improved dual cameras etc.