TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Xiaomi Mi 7, Samsung S9/S9 Plus may feature 3D face recognition technology
Qualcomm has already started working on the SLiM 3D camera technology and would begin mass production in January next year.
As expected, the newly launched iPhone X created a stir in the smartphone industry. From design to specs, the 10th anniversary model of iPhones is truly spectacular in every possible aspect. However, the device's 3D face recognition technology has lately become the talk of the town.
Currently, the iPhone X is the only smartphone with this technology. Well, at least for now. Chinese publication tech.sina.com claims more smartphones would feature the 3D facial recognition technology in the coming year. For instance, Xiaomi's next flagship is tipped to use this feature.
It is also rumored that Qualcomm has already started working on the SLiM 3D camera technology and would start mass production in January next year. The publication further reveals, other than Xiaomi even Samsung is determined to use the technology in its next flagship. So for Xiaomi, the Mi 7 and for Samsung, the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus will come with the said feature.
At the end of last month, Qualcomm officially announced the Structured Light Module (SLiM) 3D solution, which was developed in partnership with Himax. The SLiM technology is a turn-key 3D camera module that offers real-time depth sensing and 3D point cloud generation with high resolution and high accuracy performance for both indoor and outdoor environments.
The module is engineered for very low power consumption in a compact, low profile form factor, which makes this perfect for embedded and mobile device integration.
Except for the 3D face ID, the Xiaomi Mi 7 is expected to feature a bezel-less design, a Snapdragon 845 chipset, improved dual cameras etc.