TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
It's not even a month since the launch of Mi Mix 2S, but the rumors about the upcoming smartphones from Xiaomi have started pouring in. The company is reportedly working on the Mi 6X, the successor of Mi 5X. Some of you may know, the Mi 6X is expected to launch as Mi A2 in markets outside China. It is because the Mi 5X was introduced with the Mi A1 Moniker in global markets.
Not only the Mi A2, Xiaomi is probably working on the Redmi Y2 as well. A tipster has now found some references of the smartphones on Xiaomi's Indian website. Texts such as "Mi A2 Hard Case", "Redmi Y2 Perforated Case Black" and "Redmi Y2 Perforated Case Blue" were spotted. What's interesting is that the company has since then removed these references from the website.
This means, we could expect Xiaomi to launch the smartphones in India soon. That said, it is too early to draw a conclusion and we better wait for an official confirmation.
While there is hardly any information about the Redmi Y2 at the moment, the Mi A2 smartphone appeared in quite a few leaks. Going by a recent report, the Mi A2 will arrive with a 5.99-inch FHD+ display with the mainstream 18:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, it will make use of an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Snapdragon 626 processor. There will be 4GB RAM and 64GB default storage space onboard.
In terms of optics, the Mi A2 is likely to feature a dual rear camera setup, comprising of a 20MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture and an 8MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture. Up front, there could be a 20MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0. The smartphone is said to run Android 8.1 Oreo OS and draw power from a 2,910mAh battery.
Given that there will be a tall display with narrow bezels, the fingerprint sensor is believed be positioned at the rear. Design wise, the Mi A2 is expected to sport a design identical to that of the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Image source: Tech Configurations