- 3 hrs ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 5 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 10 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 11 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 with secondary display at the rear leaks via prototypes
Xiaomi is the first smartphone manufacturer that kickstarted the full-screen design trend. It all started with the Mi Mix concept smartphone that went official in the last year. Following the same, several other brands started adopting the full-screen design for their devices.
In September, Xiaomi came up with the second-generation bezel-less smartphone - the Mi Mix 2. Given that the Mi Mix 2 has been released in several markets, the Mi Mix 3 is the next one that we can expect to be launched by the company. While it is too early to speculate about the Mi Mix 3, a set of photos of the device has been spotted on Weibo via GizmoChina.
These leaked prototypes appear to be in three different designs with varying rear design styles and sensor layouts. These prototypes suggest that Xiaomi could attempt positioning a secondary display at the rear. The front design of the leaked prototypes shows that there could be a full-screen design language as in the previous generation Mi Mix smartphones. These bezels appear to be almost non-existent.
Having said that, we know that Xiaomi has increased the screen-to-body ratio of the Mi Mix, which is 91.3% to 93% in the Mi Mix 2. This was possible by making the bezels around the display thinner. Likewise, it is natural for us to think that Xiaomi will further reduce the bezels on the sides at the front in its next generation model - the Mi Mix 3 that could be launched next year. And, these prototypes show that Xiaomi will not disappoint us as it appears to have taken a different dimension.
Whatever it is, we cannot assure that these leaked prototypes are authentic. We need to wait until the next year to know about the company's attempt of launching a truly bezel-less smartphone. Until then, we need to consider this as a dose of skepticism and wait for further information regarding this smartphone to surface.