TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Xiaomi started to roll out the MIUI 9 Global ROM in November 2017 and most of its smartphones have already received this update. Earlier this week, the Redmi Note 3 and Redmi 1S got the update. Latest reports now confirm two more smartphones from the company are receiving the MIUI 9.2 update. The company seems to have released the update for the Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime, which were running on MIUI 8 Stable ROM.
The news comes of Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime receiving the update comes from MI Forums. It is important to note that this update does not come with a change in the OS version and the smartphones will still run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Unfortunately, the update has the Android security patch for April 2017, making it vulnerable to KRACK WPA2. Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime users should also keep in mind that this is only a Stable Nightly build which Xiaomi releases randomly.
This means the company will only send out the update to all users as a Stable build depending on the feedback it gets from users. We can expect the stable build to be out in the coming days.
In any case, the MIUI 9.2 update brings an interactive and Fresh UI changes with changes in the lockscreen, status bar, and notification bar.
Additionally, there are new optimized themes which include a redesigned home page as well as updated Peach blossom and Asphalt themes. Furthermore, the Mi Mover app can now support data migration restarting.
Talking about the other highlights that the MIUI 9.2 update will add to the Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime, the smartphones will get an improved layout and readability for search results in Contacts, virus scans as well as payment scans merged into the Security scan and better blocklist rules with the ability of separated rules for each SIM card.
Apart from that, the smartphones will get an improved battery usage feature. This feature automatically turns on the Battery Saver mode when the phone is charging. Furthermore, users will get the ability to search for apps in the Dual Apps setting.