TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Xiaomi is expected to be gearing up to announce the Redmi S2 smartphone on May 10. From the existing rumors and leaks, it is believed that it could be a budget handset with features such as dual cameras at its rear and Face Unlock. After confirming the launch date of the smartphone via a poster, the company has come up with one more poster. The recent one shows the rear of the handset giving an idea of its design.
The latest poster from Xiaomi spotted by a Chinese publication shows the Redmi S2 in gold. There is a split antenna line design similar to that of the Oppo R11. There appear to be dual rear cameras under the antenna lines at the top. The two camera lenses are positioned vertically as seen on the Mi 6X and Mi Mix 2S with one being a 12MP sensor. The poster reveals that there will be AI capabilities included in the camera software.
Apart from the camera features, the poster reveals that there will be a fingerprint sensor at the rear and power and volume controls at the right. There appear to be not many changes apart from these in terms of the design.
Recently, the device was spotted at the TENAA database revealing some key specs. The Redmi S2 is expected to feature a 5.99-inch 18:9 display. Under its hood, it is said to house a Snapdragon 652 SoC teamed up with 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal memory capacity. The upcoming Xiaomi phone might run Android 8.1 Oreo topped with MIUI 9 out of the box. The dual-camera setup at the rear is likely to comprise of 12MP and 5MP sensors. Up front, the device could feature a 16MP selfie snapper.
Key specs are out
A few days back, the high-resolution images and some key specifications of the smartphone were leaked online via a Czech website. These images showed the Redmi S2 in full glory. The images showed the Rose Gold color variant of the handset. The report also tipped at the presence of a 4205mAh battery, which contradicts with the 3080mAh battery capacity revealed by the TENAA listing.
The company is expected to unveil the Redmi S2 on May 10 in China. Soon after its release in the country, the device is expected to be released in other Asian markets and Europe as well.