TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Xiaomi has announced that it will manufacture the newly launched smartphones; the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro; in India. The company has two manufacturing units in the country which are located in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh. Usually the company makes more than 95 per cent of its smartphones (sold in India) at its plants in Sri City.
"Like our other products, these devices will be 100 per cent manufactured in India. Majority of these two devices will be manufactured at two of our units housed in Sri City. We will have more to share on the overall manufacturing front for the country soon", Manu Kumar Jain, Xiaomi India Managing Director and Global Vice President, was quoted as saying by IANS.
"We are geared up to take 'Make in India' to the next level by setting up more manufacturing units for other categories (of products) too," added Jain, on the sidelines of the launch event of Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Xiaomi, in partnership with the homegrown manufacturing firm Hipad Technology, recently announced its third manufacturing plant in the country based out of Noida, which is its first facility for power banks.
"Among the top 10 smartphones in India in 2017, six were Xiaomi phones. We have 57 per cent market share online and nearly 11 per cent share offline in the country. The challenge is now to defend the online territory and ramp up our offline presence for a strong year-long growth period," Jain noted.
As stated, Xiaomi yesterday launched the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro in India. The Redmi Note 5 with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage is priced at Rs. 9,999 and the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at Rs. 11,999.
The Redmi Note 5 Pro, on the other hand, comes at a staring price of Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage variant. The 6GB RAM and 64GB storage variant of the smartphone is priced at Rs. 16,999.
Both the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro will go on sale on February 22 exclusively via Flipkart and mi.com and Mi Home stores. Apart from that, the smartphones will soon be available through offline channels.
In addition to the smartphones, Xiaomi also launched the Mi TV 4, a 55-inch smart LED TV.