TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Samsung Galaxy Gear, an arch rival to Sony's SmartWatch2, hasn't found success in this connected world.
Originally touted to be a ground breaking device, the first generation was panned out by critics and consumers alike.
Earlier this year, Samsung had clarified that the first generation hardware was just a testing device. With the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014, scheduled for late February, the release date of Galaxy Gear 2 is surely nearby.
According to The Korean Herald, citing anonymous sources revealed that Samsung is indeed preparing to launch the next-generation Galaxy Gear smart watch at the upcoming MWC 2014 tech show. Also, industry insiders also claim that aside from the Galaxy Gear 2, Samsung is making Galaxy Band: a health fitness band similar to the Nike Fuel mobile accessory.
Moreover, the Galaxy Gear 2 is said to flaunt a flexible organic light-emitting diode display. Both devices are expected to go official at the MWC 2014.
"Samsung is currently working on the Galaxy Gear 2, and the product will be surely released early next year," said Lee Seung-woo, an analyst at IBK Securities. Another source close to Samsung, speaking anonymously, noted that Samsung was working to bring the Galaxy Gear 2 into the spotlight at the MWC. "It's a high possibility," he said.
Meanwhile, another South Korean giant LG is prepping to launch its own branded smart watch and wrist band early next year. The concrete details around devices are not available. It is a known fact that Samsung would be developing next-gen Galaxy Gear to beat Apple's iWatch smart watch. Watch this space for more!
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!