TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
Over the last year, LG has been consistently hitting the headlines news of its flexible display featuring smartphones. On the other hand, Samsung is also said to use a curved display on its Galaxy S5 flagship early next year. However, all this speculation can only be confirmed when the companies do come out with the phones in the near future. However, LG has already showed off it's curved TV earlier last month at the IFA trade fair, allowing us to believe that similar technology might be used in its smartphones.
However, rumors are that both Samsung and LG will be coming out with the curved display featuring smartphones sometime soon. Although, even though the displays might cost more than current ones, they will surely give a new edge to the evolving smartphone technology.
Moreover, apart form the future Samsung Galaxy S5, a limited edition "Galaxy Note 3 Active" is also rumored to make an appearence sometime in October this year, with the device also using similar curved display technology. Sadly, apart from the curved display, the rumors don't offer any other details on specs of the device. However, we can at least expect it to to be Android based. Furthermore, the application of curved display in the handsets will surely reduce the size of the bezel and maybe even remove it in the near future, allowing for bigger displays.
When it comes to LG, the company is also said to unveil a new smartphone that will feature a concave curved display. According to ZD Net it will be called either Z or Z1 and the site also adds that the device is already in the production line, with launch event pegged for sometime later this month.