TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
It's been long time since the tech world have heard about Samsung's voice calling smartwatch called by the name of Gear Solo. The last time it was heard about was back in April and with the rife rumors surrounding the Galaxy Alpha and Galaxy Note 4, the news relating to the smartwatch was subdued.
However, according to the latest report from South Korea, the company will unveil the Gear Solo at its pre-IFA event on September 3, alongside the new Galaxy Note 4 phablet. It should be mentioned that the Gear Solo will come with an independent mobile connectivity feature, which will enable users to make and receive calls from the device itself and won't have to depend on the parent device.
According to the South Korean leading tech firm, the product would be the answer to complaints from "sports enthusiasts" that their smartphones are just too big and cumbersome to carry around during "outdoor activities".
Since the device has not been spoken about much by the company, the specs of the Gear Solo is not known. But since it comes with the 'Gear' tag, you can expect the Gear Solo to have a similar build. It may also get some of the same features, such as the heart rate monitor.
So far, Samsung's wearable devices do not have their own communication functions and must be attached to a smartphone to make calls or exchange e-mails or text messages. So the Gear Solo will mark the beginning of the new independent smartwatch, which can solely function without being paired with a smartphone. This also means that it will have a SIM card slot.
Talking about the availability of the device, Samsung's Unpacked event will be held on September 3 where the maker of the Galaxy S5 is expected to announce the Galaxy Solo and the Galaxy Note 4.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!