TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Samsung’s 3G-enabled smartwatch might be known as Gear Solo
Although Samsung's latest innovative wearable tech device, the Gear 2, is massively improved over its predecessor but still we've been waiting to see a true standalone intelligent watch.
What if Samsung bring a 3G-enabled Gear 2 that can make calls independently? Sounds great, doesn't it?
Samsung has been heavily rumored to introduce a 3G-enabled Gear 2 smartwatch in its native country.
In fact, last month a report surfaced straight out of South Korea that allegedly confirms the existence of Gear 2 with a USIM module.
Now, once again, Korean Herald reports that Samsung is indeed working on a new version of Gear 2, which could offer calling facilities. And yes, the announced smartwatch might be known as the Samsung Gear Solo.
As the name suggests, the device would be an independent device, on the lines of Omate TrueSmart.
Samsung has already filed for a patent with the Korean intellectual property office, and most likely the Gear Solo will be sold by SK Telecom in South Korea later this year. It's still unclear if Samsung will bring its first ever 3G-enabled watch outside of South Korea.
No much is known about the Gear Solo in respect to hardware. Well, we'll keep an open eye for more juicy information.
Meanwhile, Samsung's Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit are now been made available into Indian market.
Prospective users can choose all three wearable devices at the company's official store. As usual, the Gear 2 is priced on a premium side (Rs. 21,900), whereas the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit fitness band will cost Rs. 15,900 per unit.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!