YotaPhone was launched in India in October last year with a price tag of Rs 23,499, and soon it received a price slash to Rs. 17,999 in November 2014. Now after the second price cut, the smartphone is available on FlipKart for Rs 12,999.
There might be many reasons for the price cut, as Indian users are not ready for this e-ink rear screen smartphone, or the competition for the smartphones is quite high in India.
Key specifications of YotaPhone:
- Main display: 4.3-inch LCD capacitive multi-touch display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- Rear screen: 4.3-inch EPD with 360×640 pixels resolution
- Powered by a 1.7 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 processor
- Runs on Android v4.2.2 ( Jelly Bean)
- 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal memory
- 13MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash
- 1MP front-facing camera
- 1800mAh battery
The specialty in this smartphone is it's dual-screen. YotaPhone has e-ink screen on the rear side and also has a main display. Last month, Yota Devices launched it's 2nd generation YotaPhone 2 in over 20 countries in Europe, the CIS and Middle East. It is expected that this smartphone will be launched in Taiwan, China and other Asian markets in Q1 2015 but there's no news on launch in India till now.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!