TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Google Maps is probably the default mapping software which is being used by most of the users globally; however, Apple has its own dream of being a top competitor when it comes to using the Maps. No doubt that Google currently rules this department but it could be a different situation going forward as Apple has also undertaken a major design overhaul for its mapping technology.
According to the company it has been working on the same for the past four years and has completely redesigned its mapping software with inputs of its own data. Apple has also been sending its vehicles around the globe in order to collect relevant information which could further be utilized to improve the Apple Maps.
The reports further suggest that the new data will be available for the Apple Maps with the iOS 12 Beta update starting from next week, however, the feature will be limited to San Francisco and the Bay Area. It is expected that the global rollout of the updates Apple Maps will be available with the iOS 12 stable build and it will cover all of Northern California. The new Apple Maps is expected to feature more detailed ground cover, foliage, pools, pedestrian pathways and more.
It is also expected that the new feature will gradually make it way throughout the US, however, there is no tentative timeline mentioned related to the update. There is also no information available as to when the new improved Apple Maps will make its way to the users globally.
The major highlight of the new feature is that the directions and corrections will be a server-side update which implies that the users will not need to need to update their software. The reports also point that the new feature will be compatible with the Maps which were downloaded back in 2012. Apart from this, the new feature will also work with Apple Watches and Macs.