TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Google has recently renamed Android smart wearable to Wear OS. The company's aim was to compete with the Apple Watch by renaming its Android Wear to Wear OS and rolling out some updates for the same.
Google had introduced the Google Assistant to the platform with the release of Android 2.0. Now, the company has added a set of new features which are supposed to make it simpler for a user to interact with the Google Assistant.
For example, if a user asks the Google Assistant a question they will be readily provided with the relevant answers in the display of Wear OS. However with the new smart suggestions, the Google Assistant will also provide a user with a countless number of follow-up contextual questions like "weather tomorrow, 'weather tonight' or 'use Celsius'.
It is also being reported that Google Assistant will now be able to speak or read the responses. This was a much-awaited update that Google has brought to Wear OS. So if a user asks 'tell me about my day' to Google Assistant on the Wear OS, then it will give response using the inbuilt speaker or Bluetooth headsets, if in case they are connected. Also, the Assistant on the watch will brief the user about his/her schedule, meeting, travel time and everything else that the user has in store for the day.
Further, Google Assistant on the Wear OS watches will also support the third party actions which make the Android smartwatch more useful. A user will now be able to control their smart home devices, inquire about the train timings or book a cab by simply giving a command to the Wear OS device. At this moment there are over 1 million actions which a user can explore. This makes the Wear OS watch more useful.
It seems that Google is still focusing on its smartwatch platform that was kind of forgotten by releasing the latest Wear OS developer preview. The new preview version is based on Android P was announced toward the end of March 2018. The Wear OS is now available for Huawei Watch 2 which comes along with features like the dark theme, limited background activity and improved battery performance.