TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election Results 2018 Updates: The Numbers At This Hour And Its Still Not Final
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition India Launch — Catch The Live Stream Here
- Markets Trade Higher Post State Election Results
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- Sonakshi Sinha's Red Dress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Google announced the Nexus 7 tablet made by Asus last week at the Google I/O conference. This is a first step of the software giant in to the tablet market. The low end version (8 GB variant) of the device is available for a price of $199 (around Rs 11,000). It is announced for markets in UK, Canada, Australia and US and will be delivered in mid-July.
However, reports state that Indians will not be able to get the Nexus 7 tablet till September. The device is expected to be launched in India only after Q3. Anonymous sources from Asus claim that Asus and Google have no plans of releasing the tablet in India before September.
This indicates that the tablet will be launched in India only by the end of 2012. Currently, in the markets mentioned above, the Google Play Store sells the device. It is quite interesting to see how Google will sell the tablet in India. Moreover, the Indian tablet market is flooded with many low end and mid range tablets. The Google Nexus 7 will surely intensify the competition.
The consumers are developing more affinity to the tablets and one from a company like Google might make it the most flavoured one in India, provided it is priced appropriately. A recent study reveals that the IT and business professionals are opting for the Android tablets in the developing countries. Above all, the Nexus 7 tablet will be based on the Android 4.1 Jellybean operating system.
When do you think Google Nexus 7 tablet will be launched in India? Will it take over the Indian tablet market? Please share your thoughts with us through the comments section below.