TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Google has recently rolled out the 'July Security Update' for the Android devices. The July Security update fixes around 44 different vulnerabilities in the operating system the company has released the July Android security patch for the Pixel and eligible Nexus devices such as the Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL, Nexus6P, and Nexus 5X.
According to a report from the Beebom the July Security Bulletin mentions that most of the 44 vulnerabilities were rated as high in severity. The new update has patched 11 different critical exploits in the mobile OS, where the most severe vulnerability was a critical security vulnerability in the Android OS Media framework. If in case this vulnerability was exploited then it allows a remote attacker to save a 'specifically-crafted file in order to execute arbitrary code in regards to the privileged process," states Google.
Google also has found that around two dozen vulnerabilities were linked to Qualcomm system components. Among these the most severe vulnerability (CVE-2018-5872) which allowed the nearby attackers to execute an arbitrary code within the context of a privileged process. Qualcomm further said that the exploit is also linked with open-source WLAN-component.