TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Intel based phones to get Android Jellybean update
Intel and Google are working together to port the Android 4.1 Jellybean update to those devices that are powered by Atom processors. Early this year, Intel launched Android smartphones like Lava Xolo X900.
It also framed deals with many other manufacturers to launch phones powered by its processors. During that timeframe, the Atom processor based devices were codenamed Medfield and were based on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system.
As per the reports, initially, Intel will release Android 4.0 ICS update for the handsets. Later, it will roll out the Jellybean update. However, there is no information on when the Android 4.1 Jellybean operating system update will be rolled out to the Intel devices.
Intel is a late entrant to the smartphone segment. The chip makers like Nvidia, Qualcomm, Samsung, Texas Instruments and others are dominant players in the field. They manufacture ARM based chips that consume less power and generate less heat.
After the launch of the Lava Xolo X900, Orange Santa Clara and two Lenovo devices, there is not much news about the Medfield smartphones and tablets. Recently, we reported that Karbonn will be launching an Intel based smartphone.