TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
iPhone 5 India: nano-SIM cards orders placed by Indian carriers
Speculations are going around about the arrival of iPhone 5 in India after its announcement the new Apple phone on September 12. Adding to the curiosity is major service providers in India who have already started ordering nano-SIM cards which will be featured exclusively in iPhone 5.This hopefully points to the launch of iPhone in to the Indian market and could be counted as a preparatory move of the providers towards the same.
According to reports, Airtel has started sourcing nano-SIM cards from Oberthur. Vodafone has also joined the wagon by ordering nano-SIM cards from Syscom. There are also reports which suggest that Aircel is also following the footsteps of Airtel and Vodafone. It may be recalled that Micro-SIMs had gained wide popularity with the arrival of iPhone 4 and 4S.
Although the service providers are taking steps expecting the release of iPhone 5 in India, no confirmation has arrived from Apple regarding its availability in Indian market. iPhone 5 is a flagship product from Apple which will be made available in selected markets in 3 variations of storage capacities including 16 GB,32 GB and 64 GB. Apple has informed that it had added 200 new features to the latest iPhone 5. The device will reach markets in 22 countries on September 28.