- 12 min ago Sony LinkBuds Review: A Fresh Take On TWS Functionality
- 37 min ago Amazon Live Service Announced in India; Brings Influencers to Livestream With Products
- 1 hr ago Redmi Pad Unboxing Video Reveals Design Ahead of Launch; What to Expect?
- 1 hr ago AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Getting Too Hot To Handle? Here Is An Easy Fix
- Finance Airox Technologies Files, Rs 750-Cr IPO Papers With Sebi
- Travel Quick Guide: Dussehra In Mysore Navaratri Festival
- Automobiles Mercedes EQS 580 Launched In India At Rs 1.55 Crore - The Ultimate Luxury EV
- News Hurricane Ian lashes southern Florida
- Movies Ponniyin Selvan Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download
- Education Apply for IIT Design Courses through CEED/UCEED 2023: How to Apply, Schedule, Fee, Courses and More
- Sports Transfer Rumours: Erling Haaland still on Real Madrid radar
- Lifestyle Navratri 2022: 5 Ways To Detox After Navratri Celebrations
ISRO PSLV-C50 Launching Communication Satellite CMS-01 Today: Everything You Need To Know
ISRO is all set to launch the communication satellite CMS-01 today (December 17), and the premier space agency has begun the countdown. The satellite will liftoff aboard the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C50), which would mark the vehicle's 22nd mission. ISRO tweeted that the satellite will launch at 3:41 PM today.
The launch vehicle and the satellite are ready for the liftoff from the second launch pad at the spaceport of Sriharikota. However, ISRO also noted that the scheduled departure might vary according to the weather conditions. ISRO's tweet also mentioned, "Filling of fuel for the fourth stage (PS4) of PSLV-C50 completed."
ISRO Communication Satellite CMS-01 Explained
ISRO is all set to launch one of the most important equipment - the CMS-01, which is a communication satellite. The CMS-01 is the 42nd communication satellite that ISRO has designed and developed, which will be used for several services in India.
For one, the communication satellite will be providing Extended-C Band of the frequency spectrum covering India, Andaman and Nicobar, and Lakshadweep islands. Apart from this, the communication satellite will continue sweeping across the country, providing the required bandwidth.
Countdown for the launch of #PSLVC50/#CMS01 mission commenced today at 1441 Hrs (IST) from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota.— ISRO (@isro) December 16, 2020
Launch is scheduled tomorrow at 1541 Hrs IST . pic.twitter.com/oYURy06OGc
ISRO PSLV-C50 Gears Up
The ISRO CMS-01 satellite will liftoff into the low-Earth orbit via the PSLV-C50 launch vehicle. The upcoming flight will mark the 22nd flight from Earth. The launch vehicle plays a pivotal role in ISRO's launches and is geared with an 'XL' configuration. In other words, the PSLV-C50 is equipped with six strap-on motors.
The upcoming launch will follow the previous successful launch of the PSLV-C49, which carried the Earth observation satellite EOS-01 and nine other customer equipment on November 7. Due to the pandemic and the consequent lockdown, the liftoff on November 7 marked the first launch of 2020.
How To Watch ISRO PSLV-C50 Launch?
As noted, the upcoming liftoff is scheduled to take place at 3:41 PM today (December 17), and this would be the 77th launch from Sriharikota. There are several platforms to Livestream the launch event, including ISRO's official Twitter handle.