TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
On Thursday, LG announced the launch of Optimus 4X HD and Optimus L5 phones at a major event in Mumbai. These are the brand's first quad core Android ICS based smartphones. The brand has also announced two more L series handsets, L7 and L3. These new handsets are focused towards the mid and low-level markets.
The L series phones are designed to feature five elements such as comfortable grip, seamless layout, sensuous slim shape, harmonized design contrast and floating mass technology for a slim look, claims LG.
The Optimus L3 was first seen at the Mobile World Congress 2012 held in Barcelona in late February. The L3 is based on Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system as it is an entry-level phone. All the other models that were announced yesterday at the event are based on Android 4.0 ICS.
Key specifications of LG Optimus L3
- 3.2 inch capacitive touchscreen display with 240 x 320 pixel resolution
- 800 MHz processor
- 1 GB internal memory, 384 MB RAM
- 3 MP rear camera
- Micro SD card slot supporting up to 32 GB
- 1500 mAh Li-ion battery
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, USB 2.0, 3G, GPS with A-GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G
- Price: Rs 8,895
The Optimus L3 with a price tag of Rs 8,895 will definitely be a tough competitor to the smartphones like Samsung Galaxy Y and HTC Explorer. The brand also announced the Optimus L7 smartphone that was seen at the MWC 2012. The handset will be launched for a price of Rs 19,900. It will be a rival to the Sony Xperia Sola and Xperia Go handsets.