TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Inside Story Of How Siddaramaiah Led The Operation Against Operation Lotus
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- 10 Interesting Facts Of The Indian Budget
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Six Important Things That Make You Lucky And Happy
- Visit Yanam — The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- This Is The Craziest Thing Ranveer Has Done For Deepika
LG, the Korean consumer electronics manufacturer has taken a step back from the Windows Phone OS. The main reason behind this move is the poor response it has received for the devices that were powered by the Windows Phone operating system, claims Lee Seung-yeon, a LG Spokesperson.
He added that the company will not annoy the Windows Phone device in the future. However, it will be continuing the research and development work for the Microsoft mobile platform. They still have hopes that there will be more Windows Phone devices from LG in the future.
As of now, the Windows Phone powered devices total only about 2% of the total global shipments as far as the mobiles are concerned. There is a great threat for LG from Nokia, the big player of the Windows Phone handsets and HTC.
The reason for LG to bid adieu to the WP devices is to concentrate more on the Android handsets. Even at the Mobile World Congress 2012, LG put forward many handsets that are powered by Android OS. The manufacturer seems to have taken the right decision. It has a dedicated focus on the Android based devices and this will lead to better quality.
Its worth saying that the manufacturer has started concentrating on the entry level low cost Android smartphones. The online retailers have listed one such mobile, the Optimus L3 for prebooking. The fact that LG will start focusing on more Android devices is evident. The company announced that will launch over 12 models soon.
Do you think this idea will work for the manufacturer? Will LG gain success with the Android phones? Please do share your opinion in the comments section below.