TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Closely after Samsung Display, the LG Display is the second largest manufacturer of OLED panels. Since most high-end smartphones these days come with OLED displays, at least four Chinese companies have reportedly struck a deal with LG display.
As per a report by Business Korea, the companies include Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo, and Vivo. So all the brands would employ OLED panels from LG on their flagship and high-end smartphones that will be launched in near future. The report further claims, the companies have already ordered roughly 20 percent to 30 percent of the small and mid-sized LG's OLED displays.
LG has been using OLED panels on its smartphones for quite some time now. Both of LG's flagships from this year come with FullVision OLED screen.
Samsung's flagships Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus also adorn OLED displays. Moreover, with the launch of iPhone X, Apple has joined the bandwagon of OLED panel-featured smartphones,
So why OLED displays are so preferred? To start with, OLED displays are less power consuming, which equals to longer battery life for smartphones.
As OLEDs incorporate their own color filter, they can produce richer color pixels. In addition, OLED displays have significantly better refresh rate compared to LEDs or LCDs.
OLEDs are made of strong plastic substrates but are light at the same time. OLED panels also support the Always-On feature.
Coming to another important aspect, OLED screens can offer better Virtual Reality (VR) experience. As we all know, VR is the new big thing in the world of technology.