TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — Storm To Make Landfall In Andhra By Afternoon; 22 Trains Cancelled
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- Virat Kohli Second-Fastest To 25 Test Hundreds; Surpasses Tendulkar
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- 10 Best Websites To Watch Bollywood Movies Online
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Red Carpet Pictures
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- 2018 Survey Reveals The Most Dangerous Countries For Women
LG U+ and Huawei have completed the first phase of their 5G urban field test in the 28-GHz millimeter wave 5G target spectrum band.
The end-to-end trial incorporated next-generation core network technology and 5G gNodeB new radio (NR) equipment.
This comprehensive test builds the foundation for the next phase of large-scale continuous coverage tests, and provides a networking reference for follow-up 5G commercial use, a solid step towards an LG U+ 5G leading commercial launch, Huawei said.
Based on this phase of the test, LG U+ will work with Huawei, to continue to perform high and low-frequency joint network tests, and provide continuous coverage networking and mobility tests, to help prepare for the 5G commercial launch.
Huawei further said that this field test successfully validated the urban coverage and capacity of the 5G target spectrums. Millimeter wave, as the hotspot coverage layer of a 5G network, will be deployed to improve customer peak rate experience.
In the test under Millimeter wave cell, the downlink rate reached 2.5Gbps at a distance of 1 km, far higher than the 1Gbps peak rate defined by ITU, to help to meet the requirements of hotspot coverage and fixed wireless access services. At the same time, this test also verified the large capacity of 5G. In addition, the peak rate of a single user under millimeter wave 28GHz reached 18.5 Gbps.
The 5G development process is evolving from the early concept and demand phase into the technical research breakthrough and test verification stage, LGU + and Huawei will keep going on their 5G cooperation with step by step commercial-oriented research and verification, bringing 5G into reality.