TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
2017 wasn't the best year for MediaTek, as its flagship chipset Helio X30 failed to get attention from big OEMs. In fact, the chipset is only present in the Meizu Pro 7 Plus and Meitu V6.
As it turns out, even Meizu Pro 7 Plus didn't fare well in the market in terms of sales. This is why MediaTek has decided to take a break from making flagship level processors in order to focus more on the mid-range chipset segment. Recently, the MediaTek's Deputy General Manager, Kuan Chou Chen, announced that the company will launch two new P-series processors in 2018.
It was also revealed that the chipsets will focus mainly on advanced AI, edge computing, and computer vision technologies. Now, a fresh leak claims that MediaTek is indeed working on two chipsets, namely the Helio P40 and Helio P70.
Manufactured on the 12nm process by TSMC, both the chipsets are expected to arrive in the second quarter of this year.
Well, Helio P40 has already featured in a few leaks so far. According to the latest one, it will be an octa-core processor, with four A73 cores clocked at 2.0GHz and four A53 cores clocked at 2.0GHz. The chipset will also come equipped with a Mali-G72 MP3 running at 700MHz.
Other than that, the Helio P40 SoC will offer support upto 32MP camera. It will also support up to 8GB of RAM LPDDR4x up to 1866Mhz, eMMC 5.1 and UFS 2.1. Additionally, the chipset will offer LTE cat.7 support and Tensor Flow support for AI functionalities.
Up until now, there was no information available regarding the Helio P70 SoC. However, the new leak changes that as gives away all the key specs of the processor.
Speculated take on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 660 chipset, the MediaTek Helio P70 processor comprises of four A73 cores clocked at 2.5GHz and four A53 cores clocked at 2.0GHz. What makes the Helio P70 slightly better than the Helio P40 is that the former comes with a quad-core Mali-G72 GPU clocked at 800Mhz.
The processor will offer support for up to 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM, bring the same eMMC 5.1 and UFC 2.1 storage. The Helio P70 should be present in more advanced smartphones.
Reportedly, these chipsets will be featured by Xiaomi's upcoming full-screen Redmi smartphones as well as some Vivo, Oppo and Gionee smartphones.