TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Yet To Name Candidate For Pathanamthitta Which Houses Sabarimala Temple
- MSD Opens Up On 2013 IPL Fixing Scandal
- 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched In India — ABS With EBD Is A Standard Feature
- Samsung All Set To Launch The Galaxy S10 5G On April 5
- Why Investors Are Dumping Auto Stocks And Buying Banking Stocks?
- Holi 2019: Akshay, Kriti Wish Everyone A Happy Festival
- Katrina Kaif's Holi Look
- Factors To Consider Before Buying Schengen Travel Insurance Policy
Microsoft unveils Surface tablets [Video]
Yesterday, we reported that Microsoft is ready to compete with Apple iPad as it had scheduled an event in Los Angeles on Monday and was expected to announce a tablet with the Windows RT operating system.
As expected, Microsoft Corp introduced its own tablet computers at the much hyped press event. It is a major challenge for the software giant as it is competing with Apple Inc. This new tablet lineup is called Surface and it includes a device that is directly aimed at the iPad. It also includes a larger machine that is designed to compete with the lightweight laptops.
Both the devices include a keyboard that can also be used as a cover. The Surface tablets are powered by different versions of Windows 8 operating system that will be launched in October. These tablets are of significant important for the company as Microsoft is entering into hardware for the first time. The Windows 8 is a major overhaul of the operating system in years. It features a touch friendly interface called Metro.
Among the two tablets unveiled, the thinner and lighter version is built using Nvidia Corp chip with ARM holdings. It will be competing the Apple new iPad. The second one that is heavier is aimed to compete with the lightweight laptops called ultrabooks. Check out the video posted by Microsoft.
As of now, there is official announcement regarding the price of these tablets. The only thing we know about them is that they are competitive to the ARM tablets and Intel powered Ultrabooks. These tablets will be launched soon as the Windows 8 operating system is out in October.