TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's Last Rites Performed With Full State Honours
- Tour De France 2020 Opening Stages Provide Stiff Challenge
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Bharti Airtel Leads Download Speeds With 8.3 MBPS: Kotak
- Three Occasions Where A Personal Loan Can Give You Tax Benefits
- Anurag Singh On Akshay Kumar: No Starry Tantrums
- What Is A Mediterranean Diet?
- Trip To Khonsa
Samsung gets 9 million pre-orders for Galaxy S3
In April 2011, a top executive of Samsung, J.K.Shin said that the Galaxy S2 will make a sales of 10 million units in that year alone. If you feel that it is a huge amount, the Galaxy S3 that is launched recently has already made 9 million pre-orders. An unnamed official of Samsung revealed this number to Korea Economic Daily.
However, the estimate of Shin was on the light side as the Galaxy S2 has made a sales of over 20 million units as of February 2012. The Galaxy S3 has made 9 million in less than a month. So, it will definitely surpass the sales of its predecessor. Seems like the manufacturer has a huge winner.
You may wonder what is great about this number of the Android ICS based phone. Interestingly, the pre-order does not include the US market as the handset will not launch there until next month. Once, US is also added, the number will be very impressive. The pre-orders are reported to have come from over 290 mobile operators from over 145 countries across the world. However, Samsung has not commented on this.
It is to be noted that the handset was listed by Amazon Germany some days before its unveiling at the Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012 Event. The device will enter sales from May 29th in Europe and will reach India in the first week of June.
Have you pre-ordered the Galaxy S3? Or are you waiting for it to hit the stores? Please do share your opinions through the comments section below.