TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why BJP Decided To Drop 10 Incumbent MPs For Chhattisgarh LS Polls
- Indian Premier League IPL 2019: Full Schedule, Date, Time, Venue Of All 56 League Matches
- Realme Opens Its First Service Centre In New Delhi
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Best Mutual Funds For Monthly Dividend Income In India
- Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota Movie Review
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
Samsung to launch devices with flexible display in 2012
Samsung is all set to start the production of the Youm displays. At the Consumer Electronics Show 2012 held in January, the brand showcased this flexible display technology. Youm display is an ultra thin AMOLED panel that is stretchable, bendable, roll-able and fold-able like paper. Currently, it will be a thin display with a coating of non foldable glass.
Youm displays are 0.6 mm thick, which is three times thinner than the current AMOLED displays. Samsung is in plans to start the production of the non fold-able glass panel to fix the issues that might come when creating flexible units.
People close to the development claim that the Youm displays will come to reality in 2014. Smartphones and tablets with the thin non foldable display tech will be out by the end of this year.
The main benefit of this display is the reduction in the thickness of the device. It also lets the manufacturers to equip bigger and long lasting batteries without increasing the thickness.