TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Samsung is all set to start the production of the Youm displays. At the Consumer Electronics Show 2012 held in January, the brand showcased this flexible display technology. Youm display is an ultra thin AMOLED panel that is stretchable, bendable, roll-able and fold-able like paper. Currently, it will be a thin display with a coating of non foldable glass.
Youm displays are 0.6 mm thick, which is three times thinner than the current AMOLED displays. Samsung is in plans to start the production of the non fold-able glass panel to fix the issues that might come when creating flexible units.
People close to the development claim that the Youm displays will come to reality in 2014. Smartphones and tablets with the thin non foldable display tech will be out by the end of this year.
The main benefit of this display is the reduction in the thickness of the device. It also lets the manufacturers to equip bigger and long lasting batteries without increasing the thickness.